With so much going on these days it is way too easy to get bogged down by negative thoughts and feelings. One thing that I like to do to help free myself from all of that negativity is to laugh.
I know, I know. It sounds crazy but it’s not.
Here are some Fun Facts about laughing:
- Laughing is like internal jogging
- Laughing releases stress
- Laughing is a great way to bring people together
- Laughing relaxes your body and your mind to be more present
- Laughing lets your little kid out where you feel safe, hopeful and one with the world
This just goes to show that we need to add more laughter to our lives.
Since that isn’t always easy to do, I invite you to SCHEDULE in laughter daily by:
- Observing nature and the animals in our world. E.g. squirrels chasing each other
- Checking out jokes on Google/social media
- Watching your favorite tv show or movie
- Connecting more with people who make you laugh
- Sharing 1 funny story you read or experienced with your family or team at work
- BEing intentional with your laughter; tense line up at the grocery store; find something funny to share to lighten the mood.
- Making laughter a health habit that loosens your underwear and reminds you, “How important is this current situation? Is this really the hill I want to die on?”
I’d love to hear what you do to add more laughter into your day. Send me ([email protected]) your favorite memes, your best jokes, or even a funny story that you think would make me laugh.
Have a playful day!
Sign up to receive Powerhouse Weekly, my newsletter, by clicking here.