Today we are walking into our Emotionally Fit Room, or as I like to call it “The Heart Space”.
Now that we are in here, let’s pay attention. If you were to pay attention to what your heart is saying, what might it say?
This always reminds me of a phrase that my chiropractor, Dr. Michael Coulas says: “What would you choose to do if you loved yourself in this moment?”
- Maybe you’d let yourself cry
- Maybe you’d let yourself grieve
- Maybe you’d need to write something out (like a letter to someone that they never get)
Maybe you’d have that courageous conversation about how hurt you felt by something someone did or said
- Maybe you just need to get angry
As we know, when we are on autopilot we tend to shut down that intuition. You may already know that scientists have discovered that our heart is also our second brain. I believe that our heart has been trying to get our attention for a long time.
My invitation to you is to :
1. Take the 10-second pause and get clear about what it is your heart is telling you.
2. Ask your heart “What is it that I need right now?”
3. Pay attention to what it tells you.
4. Decide what’s the one activity you can do that’s going to have the greatest impact. Pick one from the list above or come up with one on your own.
I’d love to hear what you are going to pay attention to and what activity you are going to try to commit to doing for the next 7 days. Comment below.
BE more kind to yourself.
BE more compassionate.
Be more forgiving.
Be more loving.
Remember, you are a Powerhouse.
Wishing you a powerful week.
Resilient Leadership Speaker, Author, Coach & Retreat Facilitator
Sign up to receive Powerhouse Weekly, my newsletter, by clicking here.
PS – My new video is live on YouTube. Check it out to hear more about paying attention to the feedback you are receiving in your Mentally Fit Room. While you are there, if you like what you hear, hit that big red SUBSCRIBE button so you don’t miss any of my videos.