How did you make out last week? Were you able to notice what your Mentally Fit Room was trying to tell you? Did you acknowledge those feelings?
Last week we looked at how Survival Mode can impact your Mentally Fit Room. This week we are going to talk about how it can affect your Emotionally Fit Room.
Let’s just quickly recap what we learned about Survival Mode last week:
- The thinking side of the brain is the side that allows you to feel calm, respond in healthy ways, and be more patient.
- It also helps when it comes to decision making and critical thinking
- The thinking part of the brain switches off when we go into Survival Mode.
- The Survival Mode part of the brain is convinced that we are in danger.
Now that you know what Survival Mode is, it’s time to learn how to know if you are in Survival Mode. Here are some of the signs that you are in Survival Mode:
- You go into freeze mode
- You don’t feel anger
- You don’t feel sadness
- You don’t feel joy
These symptoms create an affect mode where you just don’t feel anything.
This week, I invite you to enter your Emotionally Fit Room and to be kind to yourself while you notice:
* Where you are allowing yourself to freeze
* Where are you becoming over-reactive to your emotions
* Where are you becoming under reactive to your emotions
Oftentimes, when we are under reactive we could be accepting unacceptable behaviors.
Part of being kind to yourself is realizing that just maybe what you are doing now is the best you can given your present situation. Acknowledge what you are feeling, whether it is sadness, guilt, anger, or another emotion, and just LET IT GO.
I’d love to hear from you to know what you are doing once you acknowledge your Survival Mode feelings. Comment below or send me an email ([email protected]) and let me know.
BE more kind to yourself.
BE more compassionate.
Be more forgiving.
Be more loving.
Remember, you are a Powerhouse.
Wishing you a powerful week.
Resilient Leadership Speaker, Author, Coach & Retreat Facilitator
Sign up to receive Powerhouse Weekly, my newsletter, by clicking here.
PS – My new video is live on YouTube. Check it out to hear more about Survival Mode and what you can do in your Emotionally Fit Room to help alleviate it. While you are there, if you like what you hear, hit that big red SUBSCRIBE button so you don’t miss any of my videos.